Tuesday, March 6, 2012

d.i.y. neon necklace

Ever the procrastinator, I pushed my hours of work aside to attend to more urgent matters: the D.I.Y. I came across that I could not get out of my head. We all crave neon from time to time. But until I have the budget of a lawyer and not a law student, I can't go on a DANNIJO neon rampage at the slightest whim.
What I could do, however, is venture to the nearest drugstore and pick up a bottle of nail polish..


payless chain and crystal necklace (similar style here), sally hansen insta dry nail polish in lightening (available here)


Combine said nail polish with a cheap necklace (fact: the nail polish cost more than the necklace -
Payless accessories FTW) - and there we go! Neon craving satisfied. Best part is?
I can always paint over it if I wish. Endless possibilities, all for $7.58. Seriously.




Pin It Now!

20 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Because all DIYs I have seen are done with spray! and I can't find it!!!!
    Thanks for saring!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice idea!!! so easy and pretty!

    http://sticktofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featurig my DIY! :)

    It's actually a vice...I can't stop DIYing necklaces! hahahah


    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Seriously love the yellow!

    PS. We've a giveaway to Number A on our blog! Check it out, if you'd like! :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really cool idea! You could even paint the whole necklace neon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! so cute! loving all the neon painted necklaces lately- i'll have to try one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is def a DIY I could do!!! Love the neon but love the price way more.
    I really want to do a DIY glitter shoe a la Jeffrey Campbell inspiration..I can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and nice tutorial, I like it!

    If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?

    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome!! using neon nailpolish!
    shall definitely try
    love
    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great great idea, soo cool. love. it. :)
    Much love, gabriele. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea ?

    Lovely greetz from germany.

    xoxo
    Ina :*

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out really nice. And that shade of yellow is perfect for spring, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. so simple! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice DIY :) I should try that out :) xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...