Monday, July 8, 2013

blue note


I've always loved the look of blue mascara. I remember that when I was little I would steal Jilly's Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Royal Blue and use it all the time when she didn't know...(confession: I still have that tube of mascara. It's probably at least ten years old...) It wasn't until I saw the photos of Cara Delevingne backstage at the Stella McCartney show that I realized just how wearable and striking the look is!


The second I saw this Chanel mascara, I knew I had to have it. I couldn't wait to try it out on my favorite canvas...Jilly! To even out Jilly's skin, I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation on her face. Using YSL Touche Éclat, I highlighted Jilly's cheekbones and brightened the skin under her eyes. I curled the lashes using my favorite Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. When using colored mascara, it's important to prep the lashes with a white primer to make sure the color really pops! I prepped Jilly's lashes with my personal fave, Diorshow Maximizer Primer! Once the lashes are fully coated with primer, you then begin to apply the mascara! I went very heavy on the mascara to ensure that it would really pop!



products used: chanel inimitable waterproof mascara in 57 blue note (available here), giorgio armani maestro foundation in shade 2 (available here), ysl touche éclat in 1.5 (available here), shu uemura eyelash curler (available here), dior diorshow maximixing primer (available here)

What do you think of the blue mascara trend? would you ever try it?



Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. I never thought to try colored mascara.. This is pretty awesome! Loving your eyes.
    xo,
    Lindsey

    www.caviartaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love colorful mascara, it's so much fun and a great way to change up your look. The blue looks great on you.

    Jo

    http://www.peoniesandamericanhoney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh definitely want this mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue lashes look amazing on you! I'm a little shy to try bold mascara but you totally rock the look!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really considering to try it! I may have to buy a cheapy version first to branch out with though ;)

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the format and layout of your blog! The blue lashes look amazing on you, but I don't think I could pull it off! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue mascara really works for you! ♥ It looks pretty amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blue mascara, I wish the one I have was that intense though!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cool and make me wanna try it myself :) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    You're invited to enter my $50 gift card Giveaway on Woakao, Open worldwide until July, 20th !

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous, I want to try this , I've seen it and have not bought it yet, but loved my electric blue in the past. Hope you doing well. xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  11. must have!! thanks for sharing
    toochair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...